Q & A
Can I use TechCASH to pay for my laundry in the Washlava app?
– Yes! Open and sign into the Washlava app, then go to Account and Payment Details. Add a payment method and select Campus Card. Find MIT TechCASH and log-in with your Kerberos username and password (this step takes place on the MIT server, not Washlava). If you cannot see TechCash as an option to pay for laundry, please uninstall and reinstall the Washlava app.
I want to use my debit or credit card on the Washlava app. How do I know that my card information is secure?
– Washlava uses encrypted AWS for back-end servers and Stripe for credit/debit processing. Washlava does not hold credit/debit card numbers anywhere on its internal systems, and when handling customer support, Washlava company representatives can only see the last four digits of any card.
Why does the Washlava app need to know my location?
– Giving the Washlava app permission to access your location is not a requirement for activating laundry machines. Washlava uses location data for your convenience to connect you to nearby laundry machines quickly. You can disable location services for the app at your discretion.
I don’t have a smartphone. How can I do my laundry?
– Washlava provides iTouch devices at all residence halls for students who do not use a smartphone. Get an iTouch at your residence hall’s front desk.
I am having trouble using Washlava. Who can I contact for support?
– Completing a support request form at http://www.washlava.com/support is the best way to get help. You may also call 877-214-4422; live support is available from 9 am – 9 pm
What do the different lights on the machine mean?
– Green light: ready for use
– Red light: in use
– Blue light: reserved by someone else – you can reserve three (3) machines for 10 minutes prior to their use
Why can’t I get the bluetooth to recognize the machine? Sometimes the bluetooth won’t detect the machine, when this happens enter the machine number manually.
I still have questions or concerns what should I do?Any additional questions or concerns, please contact our building manager, Brian Ward via email at email@example.com.
– Washlava website https://washlava.com/
– from Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.washlava.app
– from Apple https://apps.apple.com/us/app/washlava-the-smart-laundry-app/id1209867632